Students will work on collaborative projects that will be on temporary exhibition in the park. Close contact with working artists and art students in these two countries as well as a visit to the National Art Academy in Tallinn Estonia will provide a wide range of exposure to contemporary issues in visual art in Europe. Visits to major art museums, cultural sites will be arranged in each country. For those students who choose to extend their stay in Europe, Helsinki is the ideal city from which to visit St. Petersburg Russia and the Hermitage Museums and other world-class collections and historic sites

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello Everybody,
It has taken me several days to get everything in order to post information about our next experience in the Summer Sculpture Abroad Program. We are at Pedvale Open Air Museum and Sculpture Park in Latvia and the weather is perfect! We are making site-specific work in the park using mostly the materials that can be found here; stones, earth, wood, grass, etc. The students have decided to work as individuals or to form collaborative groups and they are hard at work! The sculptures are growing larger and more complete each day and the work is very good! I have posted images of the Park, of individual works and of the students at work. I will post addition images and information soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike,

    My name is Abi Good and I'm a second year sculpture grad at UHM. I found you while researching Lee Bontecou. It looks like we have similar interests. I like that you are blogging but I'm having a hard time finding your work. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Let me know abigail.good@gmail.com
    Mahalo, abi

    ReplyDelete