Students will work on collaborative projects that will be on temporary exhibition in the park. Close contact with working artists and art students in these two countries as well as a visit to the National Art Academy in Tallinn Estonia will provide a wide range of exposure to contemporary issues in visual art in Europe. Visits to major art museums, cultural sites will be arranged in each country. For those students who choose to extend their stay in Europe, Helsinki is the ideal city from which to visit St. Petersburg Russia and the Hermitage Museums and other world-class collections and historic sites

Monday, May 17, 2010

a run through kellokoski

I was going to upload all these images, but I canät get the photo card to open up on this computer. I will try to use words to describe the surroundings. I am at the Finnish Academy of Fine Arts in the beautiful suburbs of Helsinki. It looks like a country resort by a lake with awesome sculptures all over the place. We are overfed with three meals a day of a smorsabourg of european delicacies. Our hostelstyle living quarters are quaint and comfortable with good art hanging everywhere.

Today I woke up around 730am, we had an amazing breakfast, a quick meeting about the days events and then we wandered around for the first time exploring this beautiful place. Aspen trees and gentle people walking their dogs, amidst teenagers on dirtbikes. After a bit of walking I realized that a run would be good, so I changed into some shorts and ran around the little town to survey the area. It was good to work off the huge breakfast we had and the jet lag. As I was running back into the schoolyard these two elderly Finnish ladies gardening saw me all covered in sweat, and said: the lake, you go in, tee hee hee!. SO I jumped into the icey water. THere is a sauna here, too, but I didnät need it at this point. Then we ate another huge lunch of smoke salmon, beef stew, salads, etc. Now we have radiators to break and a furnace to repair.
Hopefully soon I can get images up. Everyone is having a blast. Thanks for the extra euros and keepsake.

No comments:

Post a Comment